Thursday, April 10, 2014

A Little Help for My Friends

Completed my first foray into online collaborative learning recently, setting out to join classmates for an online meeting via Google Hangouts.  I "showed up" during the pre-set time and only found one other person online.  We chatted for a while, and spent most of our time trying to troubleshoot her access to some of the Elearning activities and assignments.  Some of the issues were so great that I had to switch to a audio chat to solve them, and this disrupted others in my "real" room.   First reaction?  Somewhat pointless: spent all the time trouble-shooting and no time learning, exploring.  Maybe the 2nd attempt will be more fruitful.

1 comment:

  1. I think that the point for setting group assignments in this course is to experience the challenges that our students might face when working on such assignments. Your group is as lucky as my group. We had to deal with some of these difficulties (spending time on issues not related to the discussion point in your case, and failing to communicate in order to find time for meeting in our case- half of the group met), which is a great experience that will guide us when designing group work for our classes. Groups who had successful meetings don't know what they are missing in this experience :)

    ReplyDelete